Skip to main content

Update

Jolie wanted to know how the cash jars are going so here's an update.

We're going into week four with the cash jars. So far I think I'm getting used to it. One problem I can see so far is with gas money. For the past three months I have spent around $80 on gas for the car, so for this month I budgeted $100. The whole amount was spent a week ago. I suspect it's because I am using a full-serve station now and maybe they aren't very honest at the pump. I can't think of another option because my son is usually in the car when we fill up and I used to rely on pay-at-the-pump with my credit card. I'm thinking of going back to that.

For groceries the cash only seems to be working though, and we still have $60 out of $200 remaining with just over a week to go. I don't have any of my $100 personal spending money left but that's to be expected. I sold my sister my crappy cell phone and all its accessories for $50 and I still have $40 left from that.

In other news my car stalled out on the street yesterday and I had to have it towed to a mechanic. I'm going to try a different mechanic this time. Since today was a holiday I will call them tomorrow morning to find out what went wrong. If the repairs are over $500 I am going to have the car towed back home and if they are around $1000 (like last summer) I'm going to sell it. I can save $300 to $400 a month if I don't have a car. It will be quite an adjustment though.

Seriously, Karissa

Comments

  1. It sounds like things are going much better as you get used to things. Sorry to hear about the auto difficulties. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I will have it published as soon as I can.