Skip to main content

Nothing is Free ...

... but some days things are cheap.

I approached first Canadian Tire, and then the used tire shop with dread, expecting to pay out at least a couple hundred bucks for a front tire, maybe both front tires. The one on the right blew while we were on the highway on Sunday. It was scary for me, but my son slept through it and when he woke up and found out a tow truck was on its way was incredibly excited.

He even asked me to take pictures of the truck, which I did.

The CAA guy installed the spare tire and advised me to go no more than 80 km the rest of the way home. Without any air conditioning the ride seemed to take. Forever.

Canadian Tire was too busy so on a friend's recommendation I went to a used place and was told it was my lucky day (finally!) because they were going to sell me the last tire in stock in the size that I needed. For less than forty bucks.

Happy day!

For several days I have been looking online at 2004 to 2007 hatchbacks. I'm checking out mostly Honda and Toyota. I may take a look at Kia and Hyundai. If I decide to buy a new(er) car I will either have to finance or use my line of credit. I'm not happy about increasing my debt when I've come so far, but I'm also not happy about taking the bus or borrowing (and repairing) a car. Or paying $2000 for something old like my most recent car, and paying another $2000 in repairs over a year and a half, only to have the engine die on me.

Maybe I should just get back on the bus and grow a thicker skin.

Seriously, Karissa

Comments