Skip to main content

The Problem with Parity

The Canadian dollar is almost at par with the U.S. bill, and because of this I have found myself browsing both ebay and ebags. I have a serious addiction to leSportsac - especially the leopard print styles - and I usually buy a new item each year. I skipped last year because I was so serious about debt reduction.

I am trying not to let myself believe that I "deserve" a new bag. I am grappling with the issue of entitlement in all kinds of areas. I used to justify the expensive leSportsac purchase by acknowledging that the bags were Made in USA, but I know that they haven't been for a few years now. The quality of the Made in Asia bags appear to be the same, but the guilt of potentially buying from a sweatshop does not make me feel good. Maybe I want a reward for being so good at debt repayment, but I don't want to compromise my values.

But oh, there are some cute bags out there.

Seriously,
Karissa

Comments

  1. I can relate. I've always thought that the Snuggie was ridiculous and that the people in commercials looked like they were members of some bizarre cult. Then I saw the leopard print Snuggie, and now I want.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I will have it published as soon as I can.