Skip to main content

April spending

I went $67 over-budget in April, but I'm not kicking myself for it, because I earmarked ALL of my income tax refund to RRSP savings and debt repayments. As well it was Bean's third birthday on the 30th, and I forgot to budget for it.

I bought his main birthday gift - a Little Tykes easel - last November and had it stored in my dad's basement until Easter. The party itself cost me a few bucks, for cupcake mix (I made 40 cupcakes, 24 went to his friends at daycare) and muffin tins, loot bags for Bean and his friend Gloria, juice and snacks, and a round of bowling for the main event. We had a lot of fun.

There was also my Overspend Weekend, which could have been worse.

My mom came to visit this past weekend and I spent some unbudgeted funds from my May budget because when we are together we like to shop. I took it easy though, and bought only a few tank tops and a pair of jean shorts at a heavily discounted price, a brand-new wallet at a second-hand shop, and some liquid laundry soap.

I was hoping by now to have tried one of the homemade laundry soap recipes out there but I haven't been able to force myself to sit down and grate the laundry bar.

I decided not to enroll in a summer school course because I am tired most of the time and want to get some energy built up before I take on a new goal.

Seriously,
Karissa


Comments