Skip to main content

Transfer and transfer again

I transferred $100 from my savings (not the TFSA EF) into my chequing account just in case the support cheque did not come in the mail today. I'm driving several hundred kms this weekend and did not want to use my credit card to pay for the gas and any other expenses. I also have to buy a birthday present for a seven-year-old I haven't seen in over a year before I get on the highway.

The support cheque did arrive and rather than transfer the $100 back into savings I made a bold move to instead transfer it into my line of credit. I was pleased to update my sidebar and calculate that I have already paid off 9% of that debt this year. I have a budget projection for the next couple of weeks and from my spreadsheet I can see that I will be able to transfer at least another $250 into LOC this month, plus another $70 or so onto the credit card. I'm such a geek: I'm looking forward to making these payments!

I miss my little Bean tonight while he's gone to his daddy's. I miss him whenever we're apart, but more so today because we've had such a couple of great weeks together. I'm making an effort to be more positive and peaceful at home and it's really making an improvement in our relationship. He even told me he missed me before he got on the bus yesterday. I wish he didn't have to go so far every week but I guess it's a good time for me to get stuff done around here.

Tomorrow I'll pick him up and we'll head to my Dad's for the birthday party. We'll stay overnight and then visit my Gramma on the way back home. On Monday we have a Stat holiday and I think we might check out some of the events around town. There's an arena that promises skating and bouncy castles for $10 per family. I do hope the castles will be divided appropriately by age. I don't want my little guy bounced on by bigger kids.

What are seven-year-old girls into these days? I don't want to be cheap but I don't want to spend more than $20 either. I'm not even sure if this is possible.


Seriously,
Karissa Dee


Comments

  1. What do girls want? Little girls?

    I hear Bratz is big, but I find the dolls too slutty.

    At 7, I liked beads... and beading jewelery. But is that too lame now? 7 is a pretty young age to be so cynical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be too late, but i worked in a toy store part time last year. 7 year old girls liked the groovey girl dolls (around $15 Canadian), we also sold craft kits for that age group ranging from learning to knit to making your own magnets (also in the $15 range).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I will have it published as soon as I can.