Skip to main content

A single mama's mechanical best friend


I am so pleased with my cordless power screwdriver. Without it, putting together our new bookshelf would have taken hours and generated sweat, blisters, and probably some cursing. Because of it I wouldn't have to wait for one of my man-friends to come over and put the six-foot shelf together for me. I had it in one piece within an hour. When I discovered that I had screwed in two of the shelves upside down, I merely chuckled and picked up my new best friend and reversed-screwed them out again. Easy peasy.

Frugal tip: if you are planning to buy any kind of tool-anything from the hardware store, especially one of the big ones (I go to Canadian Tire), try to plan to go after father's day. I got my mechanical buddy there for about sixty percent off just a couple days after father's day. I guess they overstock this stuff for gifts and when it doesn't sell, it gets drastically reduced to make space for junk for Canada Day.


Seriously,
Karissa Dee


Comments

  1. I love being a handywoman! You get such a sense of accomplishment when you do it yourself. What's funny is I do have a man around to do these things, but half the time he gets frustrated, gives up and tells me good luck. I swing in to save the day, it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I will have it published as soon as I can.