Skip to main content

Personal Goals for 2009

From Quitnet.com:

Your Quit Date is: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 at 8:00:00 AM
Test Time Smoke-Free: 1217 days, 21 hours, 56 minutes and 54 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 8525
Lifetime Saved: 2 months, 5 days, 2 hours
Money Saved: $3,197.25

Congratulations

I smoked for fifteen years and tried to quit so many times. I used the patch, the pills, and the gum. I tried rewards incentives which only racked up the credit card bill. I was finally able to quit due to two life-altering circumstances: 1) pregnancy and 2) moving to Thailand and away from the people, places and things that triggered my addiction.

After slaying the smoking demon, I should be able to accomplish anything.

Here's my contribution to the personal goals lists for 2009:

1) Eat breakfast. Anything. Just force something down.
2) Take vitamins: multi, fish oils, and iron pills.
3) Drink water!
4) Meal planning. So far I have a calendar of meal ideas that work around proteins. For example, Sunday is beef, Monday is beans, Tuesday is chicken, Wednesday is tofu, Thursday is fish, Friday and Saturday are leftovers. Now to implement idea into actuality.
5) Deepen yoga and meditation practices.
6) Visit the gym on all or one of Monday, Wednesday and Friday (I have a free membership at the school gym until April).
7) Read two books a month: one easy book and one self-help (incl. PF) book.
8) Knit one item a month. Ask at the hospital if they need preemie hats and booties.
9) Buy or make one item a month to avoid the big rush in December.
10) Research further education: doula training, broadcasting certificate, financial planning/tax adjusting certificate, immigration policy M.A. (to be explored further in an upcoming post).


Seriously,
Karissa Dee


Comments

  1. 1. Good luck with your goals.
    2. CONGRATULATIONS on not smoking anymore! Quiting isn't easy but you've done it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it. Not smoking is going to be hard from what I understand, but SO WORTH IT!

    Fabulously Broke in the City
    Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:46 PM

    That's awesome that you quit smoking. I quit in 2007. It was rough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - isn't it amazing to see that you have saved that much money from quitting smoking? Good for you!

    I love the Kawarthas - I did my undergrad at Trent in Peterborough!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I will have it published as soon as I can.