Skip to main content

Fighting temptation

It's Boxing Day today and I'm tempted to get out to a couple of stores to see what's on sale. I have my PC gift card from my Mom, my credit at Canadian Tire, and a fifty dollar bill burning a hole in my wallet. I even have a scratch card that won me $2 that is trying to pull me out of my warm house.

As much as I complain about excess consumerism and the blight of the sweatshops, I do have a small wish-list of my own. In no particular order ...

A stainless steel kettle

because heating plastic scares me


One or two CD/DVD books

to help with my space-crunch in the new apartment


A fire-safe

to store my important documents and ID


A CD alarm clock

because my current alarm clock is terrifying to wake up to


A stock pot

for making my yummy frugal soups


and a pair of skinny black jeans

because my blue ones are looking a little worn



ETA: I just looked out the window to see a whole lotta white stuff, so I guess my shopping list for black-coloured goods will have to wait a while longer.

Comments

  1. All I'm thinking of buying is an Apple Shuffle... *ponders* But I want to get it on sale. This is going to be tough!

    I use my cellphone to wake up LOL I hate alarm clocks especially since I travel a lot and it's easier just to use my cell.

    Skinny jeans = I'd like a pair too.

    Pot = V. Useful.. am going to make spicy creamy chicken soup today.

    I like the idea of a fire safe too.

    And a CD binder is TOTALLY worth it. But I'd say the best thing on the list is the kettle :D

    Fabulously Broke in the City
    Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it beautiful? I can't believe I just said a kettle is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I will have it published as soon as I can.