Skip to main content

excited

I mentioned  in my previous post that I won a gift certificate from Squirrelers' Thanksgiving contest. It was for $20 at Amazon.com. I normally order from Amazon.ca but xmas was arriving quickly and I thought I'd redeem it for something for someone I love.

I had a harder time than I thought I would. Shipping from the U.S. is expensive and since I had left it so late, nothing I chose would be here in time for xmas. A couple of toys I had picked out for my son would not ship to Canada at all. I finally chose a backpack for my bro-friend but before I hit the switch I decided to check locally. I found the same pack for the same price at a shop in town and avoided shipping altogether.

Last week I decided to buy a book with it. The book cost $10 and the shipping was $11! I couldn't bear to spend more on postage than on the book itself, so I went with my original plan and offered the gift certificate to a friend in the U.S. Since I had carelessly applied it to my own account I offered to purchase what she wanted, saying she should order up to $25 so she could get free shipping.

My friend came back with a better idea: email books of my own selection to her for her Kindle. This suggestion opened up a whole new world to me. I had no idea I could download Kindle to my computer for free. I know, where have I been, right? So I sent off a couple of books to her and opened up a whole new can of worms for myself: more free books!

As well, I have enough swagbucks for at least a couple of $5 gift certificates for myself but the new problem is, what to buy? I read maybe two books a year and have a lot of catching up to do!

Seriously, Karissa

Comments