Skip to main content

My budget spreadsheet is a mess

Back to the drawing board, as they say.

I got it sorted out today, and I already know what the problem is. Luckily, I get paid at the end of the week, so I get a chance to start over again.

What happened was I was paying my basic expenses and putting the rest of my money onto my Line of Credit. My rationalization was that if I ran out of $$ I could tap into the LOC. Then when I ran out of money, I would berate myself for considering using the LOC, and use my credit card instead.

Now I have a $300 credit card bill to pay off, and tracking the expenses has mucked up my pretty spreadsheet.

For June the new goal is to keep at least $300 in my account and shelve the credit card. For good, I hope.

Seriously,
Karissa


Comments

  1. Don't you hate it when you don't stick to the plan. Life happens but don't beat yourself up over it, get back on track and plod on.
    All the best - you will do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve a lot of credit for putting your struggles out there for the internet to read... and for continuing to work at this! You can do it. We are down to our last $800 in consumer debt (down from well over 20k) and it has been so worth it and leads to a great feeling of satisfaction. There is no insurance that we will be perfect, but if we keep trying we can achieve great things. Keep at it!!
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I will have it published as soon as I can.